Pet Shop Boys - Always on My Mind

 

Release date: 1987
This song tells the story of a man who admits he didn't always do the things he should have to show appreciation for his lady, but wants her to know he was always thinking about her. It's a message that transcends genre: Popular versions of the song were recorded by Willie Nelson, Brenda Lee, Elvis Presley and Pet Shop Boys.
In 1987, the British electronic duo Pet Shop Boys released a dance version of "Always On My Mind" that was a surprise hit. The Pet Shop Boys rendition was voted the top cover version of all time in a 2014 BBC Music vote. Levi's used this in a 2004 commercial where a guy goes to great lengths to retrieve his jeans. He brings his old girlfriend a flower as a peace offering, then grabs his jeans and leaves while she puts it in water.
Album: Introspective


LYRICS


Maybe I didn't treat you quite as good as I should
Maybe I didn't love you quite as often as I could
Little things I should've said and done, I never took the time
You were always on my mind
You were always on my mind

Maybe I didn't hold you all those lonely, lonely times
And I guess I never told you, I'm so happy that you're mine
If I made you feel second best, I'm so sorry, I was blind
You were always on my mind
You were always on my mind

Tell me, tell me that your sweet love hasn't died
Give me one more chance to keep you satisfied
Satisfied

Little things I should've said and done, I never took the time
You were always on my mind
You were always on my mind

Tell me, tell me that your sweet love hasn't died
Give me one more chance to keep you satisfied

You were always on my mind
You were always on my mind
You were always on my mind
You were always on my mind
You were always on my mind
You were always on my mind

Maybe I didn't treat you quite as good as I should
Maybe I didn't love you quite as often as I could
Maybe I didn't hold you all those lonely, lonely times
And I guess I never told you, I'm so happy that you're mine

(Maybe I didn't love you...)

Post a Comment

0 Comments