Release date: 1992
Many songs are about love, but this one takes a melancholy look at what happens when love isn't enough to keep a couple together. Recorded as a duet, we get both sides of the story, as Henley and Smyth sing about how the best thing for their relationship is for it to end. The lyrics refer to a past relationship between two people as narrated by the two singers and their efforts to move on with their respective lives.
"Sometimes Love Just Ain't Enough" is a 1992 rock ballad performed as a duet by American singers Patty Smyth and Don Henley. The song was written by Smyth and Glen Burtnik. It was the most successful single of 1992 and peaked at No. 2 in Ireland and on the US Billboard Hot 100.
Album: Patty Smyth
LYRICS
I don't want to lose you
But I don't want to use you
Just to have somebody by my side.
I don't want to hate you,
I don't want to take you
But I don't want to be the one to cry.
And that don't really matter to anyone anymore.
But like a fool I keep losing my place
And I keep seeing you walk through that door.
But there's a danger in loving somebody too much,
And it's sad when you know it's your heart you can't trust.
There's a reason why people don't stay where they are.
Baby, sometimes, love just ain't enough.
Now, I could never change you
I don't want to blame you.
Baby, you don't have to take the fall.
Yes, I may have hurt you,
But I did not desert you.
Maybe I just want to have it all.
It makes a sound like thunder
It makes me feel like rain.
And like a fool who will never see the truth,
I keep thinking something's gonna change.
But there's a danger in loving somebody too much,
And it's sad when you know it's your heart you can't trust.
There's a reason why people don't stay where they are.
Baby, sometimes, love just ain't enough.
And there's no way home
When it's late at night and you're all alone.
Are there things that you wanted to say?
And do you feel me beside you in your bed,
There beside you, where I used to lay?
And there's a danger in loving somebody too much,
And it's sad when you know it's your heart they can't trust
There's a reason why people don't stay who they are.
Baby, sometimes, love just ain't enough.
Baby, sometimes, love
Love just ain't enough.
No, no, no, baby, oh
Oh, no


0 Comments