Donna Summer - Hot Stuff

 

Release date: 1979
This disco classic was written by Pete Bellotte, Harold Faltermeyer and Keith Forsey. This was Summer's second #1 hit on the Hot 100, her first was her disco cover of "MacArthur Park."
"Hot Stuff" won Summer the Grammy Award for Best Female Rock Vocal Performance in the inaugural year the award was given out.  In 2010, the song was ranked No. 104 on Rolling Stone's list of "The 500 Greatest Songs of All Time".[
Album: Bad Girls


LYRICS


Sittin' here eatin' my heart out waitin'
Waitin' for some lover to call
Dialed about a thousand numbers lately
Almost rang the phone off the wall

[Chorus]
Lookin' for some hot stuff baby this evenin'
I need some hot stuff baby tonight
I want some hot stuff baby this evenin'
Gotta have some hot stuff
Gotta have some lovin' tonight
I need hot stuff
I want some hot stuff
I need some hot stuff

Lookin' for a lover who needs another
Don't want another night on my own
want to share my love with a warm blooded lover
want to bring a wild man back home

[Chorus]

Sittin' here eatin' my heart out, no reason
Won't spend another night on my own
I dialed about a hundred numbers baby
I'm bound to find somebody home

[Chorus until fade]

Post a Comment

0 Comments